Stress is one of the many causes of anxiety and depression. Don't fall victim of allowing this world to consume you. No matter how busy you are always give yourself at least an hour a day to let everything go. You can hinder your personalgrowth and confidence by overwhelming yourself.
Here are 10 ways to de-stress throughout the day:
1. Yoga- Nothing does a body good more than a nice yoga pose. Download the app Daily Yoga and unleash your mind.
2. Running- Cold weather running is great at boosting your mood due to the lack of humidity in the air. It is also great at promoting heart health and boosting your metabolism. Read this Huffington Post article explaining the benefits of cold weather running.
3. Warm bubble bath- Lush bath bombs are the best! After a long day of work, sitting in a warm, soothing bubble bath will calm your nerves and ease tension. Bubble baths are also great for muscle relaxation. Pour a glass of wine, light a candle, and put on your best relaxing tunes.
4. Candles- One of my favorite candles that I love to use is Leaf by Calvin Klein. I love that the scent lingers and has a long lasting zen effect in the room.
5. Body Oil- I use Natures Bounty Lemongrass Aromatherapy Oil. Essential oils are highly recommended when trying to clear your mind. As you inhale the aroma it will seep through your body and enable the benefits of the specific oil. Check out Dr. Axe's aromatherapy guide. It lists what each oil does for your body.
6. Drink Tea- I am a personal advocate for green tea because of its benefits of healthy digestion and skin health. Chamomile tea is also great for relaxation and digestion. The aroma from the tea is so exhilarating and comforting. If you haven't had a cup of tea after a long day you are missing out!
7. Meditation- Turn off your phones!! Take 10-15 mins or more and just let your mind go. Try deep breathing exercises paired with relaxed, straight posture. What I love most about meditation is that it allows you to become one with yourself. You literally let go of all the stress you encountered throughout the day and just focus on you.
8. Finding Your Comfort Zone- This can be something that you love to do. It can be watching YouTube tutorials, playing video games, reading, cooking, writing, drawing, or any hobby that makes you happy. You deserve to give yourself some time with your passion and enjoy it.
9. Have A Filter- Leave your problems at the door. Don't go home with a pout and a bad attitude and take it out on the people who had nothing to do with your bad day. If a customer cursed you out, or if someone spilled coffee on you on the subway shake it off and forget it. There's no point to stay angry about it all day. You will create unnecessary stress in your life. When you leave work, leave your anger there. When you leave home, leave your problems there. It's okay to vent about an annoying coworker but don't prolong and drag it out all day. Just let it go.
10. Find Your Inner Peace- This is a mental feeling that you will have to find within yourself. What calms you down? What gets you mad? Learn your touch points and know how to control them. If you need to "Woosah" to keep yourself from stressing out about something then do it. You need to know when to get up from your computer and take a walk to find your inner peace.
Stress accumulates from poor time management, lack of self control, and over thinking just to name a few. In order to unleash your inner boss you need to know how to control your stress and overcome it.
Thank you @brucelee_anna for providing some amazing tips!
What do you do to overcome stress? Share in the comments below!
“Caring for your body is the best way to be more confident. If you look and feel good your confidence will shine through you." -Amira Onibudo, Founder of Unleash Yourself
Fitness guru Herline Valcin shared her personal tips on how she loves and cares for her body daily.
"By waking up and doing what I love every morning I feel good and empowered. You should be doing something everyday that makes you happy." - Herline Valcin
1. Personal Hygiene- Shower daily using your favorite body wash or scrub.
I use Dr. Bronner Hemp Peppermint pure Castile soap and Strawberry body polish from The Body Shop.
2. Skin Care Regimen- Have a daily routine for your skin that will make you glow.
I use tea tree oil for acne, and Clarisonic for exfoliation.
3. Hyperactivity- Get up and workout! Going for a quick afternoon walk or run is great way to warm up your muscles before doing a strenuous gym workout.
Any type of movement throughout the day to get your heart rate up is strongly suggested. Never go too long without hyperactivity.
4. Get Rest- No matter how much work and errand you do per day always give yourself at least an hour to clear your mind and meditate. It will lower your stress, help you pay more attention, and improve your mood.Light a candle, make some tea, and write down your thoughts from the day. Don't become overwhelmed with world. Learn to remove yourself and enjoy your peace.
5. Reward- (My favorite) recognize your hard work. Watch a movie, do a face mask, and get a manicure-pedicure.
Don’t save the special things for only special occasions. You deserve to pamper yourself every once in a while. The more you care for your body the better you will feel about yourself.
Unleashing your inner confidence starts with the way you treat your body. You cannot live a healthy confident life without putting yourself and your health first.
Share this post with someone who needs help finding ways to love their body!
We are officially half way through the first month of the new year so I hope you didn't forget those fitness goals (side eye). Here are a few good tips to get you back on track to reaching those 2016 actionable goals!
1. Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep
Meal prepping is the best way to stay on track with accomplishing fitness goals. It is said that what you eat is actually more important than your workout routine. The key to meal prepping is having a fitness goal and then being consistent with it.
2. Research fitness guru's who have the same fitness goals as you.
I follow my fitspiration @massy.arias also known as ManKoFit. She is a beast!!! She posts amazing meal prepping tips, juicing and detoxing recipes, and motivational stories to keep you focused. Although I don't want to have the same body as ManKoFit, I am still inspired by her journey and consistency.
3. Assign a friend to watch your eating habits
Nothing helps more than to have a friend or family member check on you to make sure you are staying on track. Have a friend make sure you are not trying to sneak in some chunky monkey ice cream during a detox day.
4. Cleanse your surroundings
The most important step of meal prepping is cleaning out your personal and professional space. Rid your cabinets, draws, refrigerators, and pillow cases of all hidden sweets and delectables. If you don't, it will result in having a "SEE Food" diet, you see it, and then you will eat it.
5. Create the image of what you seek
Change the background on your phone to a motivational quote, photo, or image of yourself that you are striving to achieve. Every time you open your phone you will be reminded of your goal before you get to Facebook and scroll pass a Tasty video.
Create the change you seek. It is easier said then done. However, if you mentally create the path there won't be a way to cheat it.
See below for an example of an amazing meal prep from Shoya Clough! You can follow her on Instagram for more fit tips at @rudegyalskc
Typical weekly meal plan:
Monday: (breakfast) blueberry muffin & 1 cup coffee[splash of French vanilla creamer, no sugar], (snack) an apple, (lunch) homemade chicken breast [oven roasted], half of roasted sweet potato and flavored sparkling water, (snack) clementine, (dinner) leftover chicken breast and a whole sweet potato[medium size], quarter of a small avocado and glass of wine.
Tuesday: (breakfast) Carnation chocolate shake and a banana, (snack) Greek yogurt with blueberries, (lunch) chicken with broccoli and white rice lunch takeout [no sauce] and can sprite, (dinner), fruit salad with spinach and cottage cheese.
Wednesday: (breakfast) 3 boiled eggs, 1 small tomato, 1/4 small avocado and coffee with splash of French vanilla creamer, (snack) 1 serving of pineapples(7/11 personal serving size), grilled chicken over Greek salad, (dinner) salmon with steam veggies.
Thursday: (breakfast) blueberry muffin and coffee with splash of French vanilla creamer, (lunch) fruit salad with cottage cheese and spinach, and a water, (snack) non-fat frozen yogurt, (dinner) curried chicken and 1cup of rice and Gatorade.
Friday: (breakfast) 3 fried eggs with 1 small tomato, 1/2 small avocado and coffee with splash of French vanilla creamer, (lunch) Italian salad with chopped steak and flavored water, (dinner) honey bunches of Oates cereal with 2% milk
Saturday: (breakfast) blueberry muffin and coffee with splash of French vanilla, (snack) 1 clementine and 1 apple, (lunch) chicken and broccoli(no sauce, no rice), (dinner) Jamaican style chicken soup
Sunday: ( breakfast) honey bunches of oat cereal with 2% milk, (lunch) 4 boiled eggs with spinach, tomatoand avocado salad, (dinner) rice,beans, and stew chicken with veggies and wine.
Share this post with someone who needs help with their fitness and wellness goals!
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is crucial in order to UNLEASH YOURSELF. If you do not have a healthy mindset you will not have a healthy lifestyle. That ties into your mood, your aura, and even your personality. Personal health is so important as we work towards building our self confidence. If you don't feel good, you won't perform good.
Fitness Guru Shoya Clough (IG: @rudegyalskc) shared some amazing insights and tips with me in regards to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
1. Get to know your body. No two bodies are alike, everyone is unique. There is no strick formula for people, only guidelines. I learned that my metabolism works very fast so I have to constantly eat and I started to take in a high protein diet in order to pack on muscles in order to get the body I need. Getting healthy for me wasn't to lose weight but to gain (start:126lbs at 5'10", currently 143lbs). This ties into tip number two, goals. What is your intention for your body?
2. Make sure not to weigh yourself ( that will only drive you mad! ), rather use a measuring tape every couple weeks to keep track of progress. Don't judge yourself and compare yourself with others, instead celebrate you, where ever you are in your progress even at the very beginning. TAKE PICTURES. weighing oneself can be deceiving (our weight even fluctuates throughout the day, naturally). Pictures give you a visual of your progression and it can help by being that second pair of fresh eyes that you will definitely need.
3. Try to stay as natural or as simple as you can with the products you use for your body. Tea tree oil has been a God send for my skin. It is a natural antibacterial so you can use it with a little water or another light oil(coconut) as a toner for your face or anywhere else on your body that is prone to breakouts. Acne.org has the most amazing products for people who want to achieve or maintain clear skin without using harsh products and the site is also amazing at educating you about your skin.
All in all, a diet isn't supposed to be stressful. Appreciate every stage of you; the you that wants to change, the you that is changing, the you that has changed, and the you that wants to maintain that change. Be inspired by other people and never compare yourself, we as people should be one another's motivation, it's healthy! Use social media! YouTube has great at home workout videos you can watch to help guide you if you don't know where to start. Also, follow healthy lifestyle/ fitness Instagram pages as a way to be apart of a community of people like yourself. You will learn and gain so much more control of what your goals are once you see things that inspire you. Lastly, food is fuel but it is meant to be enjoyed, so YouTube a few healthy fun meal ideas so you won't be bored with what you are eating. Lastly, it's okay to cheat once in awhile. :)
Follow Shoya on IG: @rudegyalskc for more tips and tricks on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Remember those 2016 goals and know that they can become actionable with willpower and a positive mindset.
Let's help each other! Comment below with your favorite fitness YouTube gurus!