Your friend should not only be your #1 fan in life but also in the gym. For those of you who hate going to the gym, we all know it can be daunting to even think about getting dressed to go. You really have to mentally prepare yourself. Imagine if you had a friend who motivated you to go, and even created workouts for you guys to do together, or just said hey let's go to the gym and take selfies! (like my friend and I did in the photo above) whatever works for you!
BFF workouts are the best way to stay committed to working out. You need to have mental willpower in order to consistently go to the gym. Having a friend with you can help with that consistency. They will guilt you into going even when you're tired, and they will push you to finish every workout strong.
This helps build friendships in numerous ways. When you have someone who believes in you in the gym it shows that they will believe in you outside the gym as well. Your friend is seeing you at one of your most vulnerable stages pushing and fighting to complete a goal, and vice versa.
It is great to be surrounded by someone who pushes you and doesn't allow you to give up. Even in life, when you are ready to give up, having a friend by your side cheering you on during hard times really makes you feel unstoppable. I know the feeling of wanting to give up when things get hard, and having a friend there to talk me out of it really showed true compassion.
Working out with your friend can also help if you guys are both busy and rarely see each other. You will always have a reason to meet up at least 2-3 times a week or check on one another to make sure the regime is being followed.
Our fitness guru Herline Valcin shared some of her partner BFF workout tips with us. She suggested doing challenges with your friends that everyone will stick to and accomplish together. For example I'm sure you guys have all heard of the infamous ab and squat challenges right? Well challenges have proven to be a great way to stay consistent and provide great incentive to workout everyday. If someone misses a day in the challenge the rule is that they have to do double the next day. Grab a friend and follow the schedule below!
There are also so many partner workouts online that you and your friends can do together as well. Herline does amazing partner workouts with her friends and shared one with us below.
This workout is called Kettlebell Squats (In case you have trouble loading the video) You and your friend will take turns raising the kettlebell and then sit in a deep squat, then repeat. Herline suggests doing 3 sets of 30. Taking turns while doing this workout is important not only to video tape and take pictures of your amazing friend, but to also motivate and push them to make sure they finish strong.
Here is another great partner workout video that you and your BFFs can try!
Share this post with all your friends and get in the gym before summer! #UnleashYourself
"Ugh I wish I could get abs by just sitting on my couch and watching TV." Guess what you actually can! Well let's be honest, everyone knows that abs are made in the kitchen so if you are not drinking between 64oz to a gallon of water everyday you will never see results. It is also important to cut out high sodium foods, sugar, and fast food.
Now let's put the remote down and pick up our glutes. Let's get fit while being in the comfort of our own home. In order to live a more confident lifestyle it starts with the way you treat your body. A healthy body starts with a healthy mindset. So let's get it done!
If you are at home saying you don't have time to workout, I'm sorry but the lie detector test determined that was a lie. Get up and get active with these great at home workouts you can do right on your couch!
Now, you literally have no excuse.
My personal favorite workout to do while watching my favorite Thursday night shows are "commercial squats." Every time a commercial comes on stand up and do squats using the edge of your couch to tap on and then stand back up. Don't stop until your show comes back on.
Share this post with someone who makes excuses for not having time to workout! #TeamNoExcuses
Stress is one of the many causes of anxiety and depression. Don't fall victim of allowing this world to consume you. No matter how busy you are always give yourself at least an hour a day to let everything go. You can hinder your personalgrowth and confidence by overwhelming yourself.
Here are 10 ways to de-stress throughout the day:
1. Yoga- Nothing does a body good more than a nice yoga pose. Download the app Daily Yoga and unleash your mind.
2. Running- Cold weather running is great at boosting your mood due to the lack of humidity in the air. It is also great at promoting heart health and boosting your metabolism. Read this Huffington Post article explaining the benefits of cold weather running.
3. Warm bubble bath- Lush bath bombs are the best! After a long day of work, sitting in a warm, soothing bubble bath will calm your nerves and ease tension. Bubble baths are also great for muscle relaxation. Pour a glass of wine, light a candle, and put on your best relaxing tunes.
4. Candles- One of my favorite candles that I love to use is Leaf by Calvin Klein. I love that the scent lingers and has a long lasting zen effect in the room.
5. Body Oil- I use Natures Bounty Lemongrass Aromatherapy Oil. Essential oils are highly recommended when trying to clear your mind. As you inhale the aroma it will seep through your body and enable the benefits of the specific oil. Check out Dr. Axe's aromatherapy guide. It lists what each oil does for your body.
6. Drink Tea- I am a personal advocate for green tea because of its benefits of healthy digestion and skin health. Chamomile tea is also great for relaxation and digestion. The aroma from the tea is so exhilarating and comforting. If you haven't had a cup of tea after a long day you are missing out!
7. Meditation- Turn off your phones!! Take 10-15 mins or more and just let your mind go. Try deep breathing exercises paired with relaxed, straight posture. What I love most about meditation is that it allows you to become one with yourself. You literally let go of all the stress you encountered throughout the day and just focus on you.
8. Finding Your Comfort Zone- This can be something that you love to do. It can be watching YouTube tutorials, playing video games, reading, cooking, writing, drawing, or any hobby that makes you happy. You deserve to give yourself some time with your passion and enjoy it.
9. Have A Filter- Leave your problems at the door. Don't go home with a pout and a bad attitude and take it out on the people who had nothing to do with your bad day. If a customer cursed you out, or if someone spilled coffee on you on the subway shake it off and forget it. There's no point to stay angry about it all day. You will create unnecessary stress in your life. When you leave work, leave your anger there. When you leave home, leave your problems there. It's okay to vent about an annoying coworker but don't prolong and drag it out all day. Just let it go.
10. Find Your Inner Peace- This is a mental feeling that you will have to find within yourself. What calms you down? What gets you mad? Learn your touch points and know how to control them. If you need to "Woosah" to keep yourself from stressing out about something then do it. You need to know when to get up from your computer and take a walk to find your inner peace.
Stress accumulates from poor time management, lack of self control, and over thinking just to name a few. In order to unleash your inner boss you need to know how to control your stress and overcome it.
Thank you @brucelee_anna for providing some amazing tips!
What do you do to overcome stress? Share in the comments below!
“Caring for your body is the best way to be more confident. If you look and feel good your confidence will shine through you." -Amira Onibudo, Founder of Unleash Yourself
Fitness guru Herline Valcin shared her personal tips on how she loves and cares for her body daily.
"By waking up and doing what I love every morning I feel good and empowered. You should be doing something everyday that makes you happy." - Herline Valcin
1. Personal Hygiene- Shower daily using your favorite body wash or scrub.
I use Dr. Bronner Hemp Peppermint pure Castile soap and Strawberry body polish from The Body Shop.
2. Skin Care Regimen- Have a daily routine for your skin that will make you glow.
I use tea tree oil for acne, and Clarisonic for exfoliation.
3. Hyperactivity- Get up and workout! Going for a quick afternoon walk or run is great way to warm up your muscles before doing a strenuous gym workout.
Any type of movement throughout the day to get your heart rate up is strongly suggested. Never go too long without hyperactivity.
4. Get Rest- No matter how much work and errand you do per day always give yourself at least an hour to clear your mind and meditate. It will lower your stress, help you pay more attention, and improve your mood.Light a candle, make some tea, and write down your thoughts from the day. Don't become overwhelmed with world. Learn to remove yourself and enjoy your peace.
5. Reward- (My favorite) recognize your hard work. Watch a movie, do a face mask, and get a manicure-pedicure.
Don’t save the special things for only special occasions. You deserve to pamper yourself every once in a while. The more you care for your body the better you will feel about yourself.
Unleashing your inner confidence starts with the way you treat your body. You cannot live a healthy confident life without putting yourself and your health first.
Share this post with someone who needs help finding ways to love their body!