Stress is one of the many causes of anxiety and depression. Don't fall victim of allowing this world to consume you. No matter how busy you are always give yourself at least an hour a day to let everything go. You can hinder your personalgrowth and confidence by overwhelming yourself.
Here are 10 ways to de-stress throughout the day:
1. Yoga- Nothing does a body good more than a nice yoga pose. Download the app Daily Yoga and unleash your mind.
2. Running- Cold weather running is great at boosting your mood due to the lack of humidity in the air. It is also great at promoting heart health and boosting your metabolism. Read this Huffington Post article explaining the benefits of cold weather running.
3. Warm bubble bath- Lush bath bombs are the best! After a long day of work, sitting in a warm, soothing bubble bath will calm your nerves and ease tension. Bubble baths are also great for muscle relaxation. Pour a glass of wine, light a candle, and put on your best relaxing tunes.
4. Candles- One of my favorite candles that I love to use is Leaf by Calvin Klein. I love that the scent lingers and has a long lasting zen effect in the room.
5. Body Oil- I use Natures Bounty Lemongrass Aromatherapy Oil. Essential oils are highly recommended when trying to clear your mind. As you inhale the aroma it will seep through your body and enable the benefits of the specific oil. Check out Dr. Axe's aromatherapy guide. It lists what each oil does for your body.
6. Drink Tea- I am a personal advocate for green tea because of its benefits of healthy digestion and skin health. Chamomile tea is also great for relaxation and digestion. The aroma from the tea is so exhilarating and comforting. If you haven't had a cup of tea after a long day you are missing out!
7. Meditation- Turn off your phones!! Take 10-15 mins or more and just let your mind go. Try deep breathing exercises paired with relaxed, straight posture. What I love most about meditation is that it allows you to become one with yourself. You literally let go of all the stress you encountered throughout the day and just focus on you.
8. Finding Your Comfort Zone- This can be something that you love to do. It can be watching YouTube tutorials, playing video games, reading, cooking, writing, drawing, or any hobby that makes you happy. You deserve to give yourself some time with your passion and enjoy it.
9. Have A Filter- Leave your problems at the door. Don't go home with a pout and a bad attitude and take it out on the people who had nothing to do with your bad day. If a customer cursed you out, or if someone spilled coffee on you on the subway shake it off and forget it. There's no point to stay angry about it all day. You will create unnecessary stress in your life. When you leave work, leave your anger there. When you leave home, leave your problems there. It's okay to vent about an annoying coworker but don't prolong and drag it out all day. Just let it go.
10. Find Your Inner Peace- This is a mental feeling that you will have to find within yourself. What calms you down? What gets you mad? Learn your touch points and know how to control them. If you need to "Woosah" to keep yourself from stressing out about something then do it. You need to know when to get up from your computer and take a walk to find your inner peace.
Stress accumulates from poor time management, lack of self control, and over thinking just to name a few. In order to unleash your inner boss you need to know how to control your stress and overcome it.
Thank you @brucelee_anna for providing some amazing tips!
What do you do to overcome stress? Share in the comments below!